If you have a question....chances are others have that same question.
Please fill out the contact us form
so we can answer your question and post it on our FAQ page.
1. Why join the PTA?
- Why join the PTA?
- Does joining the PTA require a time commitment?
- What is Free Stuff Fridays all about?
- How do I order uniforms?
- Why did the PTA change to online ordering?
- Is there a shipping charge?
- I want to order online and pay by check instead of using a credit card. Can I do that?
- What if I want to order in person on the night of Open House like I used to?
- I’m going to order online and pick up at the night of Open House. Will I incur a shipping charge? What should I expect?
- My friend/neighbor has volunteered to pick up my online order for me. Is that okay?
- What if I need to order additional uniforms throughout the year?
- What if I need to make a return/exchange?
- What is the Family Partnership Program?
- What school supplies do I buy?
- What is Junior Achievement and how can I help?
The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
- Get connected! There's no better way to know what's happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause –- your child and all children in the community!
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child's school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child's school, you'll be part of the solutions, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you'll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
For less than 3 cents a day, you can become a PTA member, joining more than 5 million other people who share your interest in issues affecting children. Everyone — parents, educators, students, and other citizens active in their schools and communities — is invited to join our not-for-profit parent association.
2. Does joining the PTA require a time commitment?
It's not the amount of time you can contribute that's most important, but rather your commitment to help PTA make a difference in the lives of children. It only takes a moment to join. You do not have to be a volunteer to be a member. We value your time and strive to use it effectively.
3. What is Free Stuff Fridays all about?
Once a month, the PTA provides a treat at lunch to children who are PTA members. Treats include snow cones, ice pops, and popcorn. Each child must have a paid PTA membership to be placed on the Free Stuff Friday list. For example, if you have 3 children at Bryant, there must be at least 3 paid memberships for your family. The children love receiving the treats, so please join the PTA!
4. How do I order Uniforms?
MARY Bryant Uniforms Are Available Online This Year!
Great news! We are excited to offer online uniform sales this year at http://bryantuniforms.com/. This is an efficient, convenient way to purchase your family’s uniforms. You can pick up your order at school (no shipping charges) or elect to have your family’s uniform order shipped directly to your home (for a small shipping charge).
You have three options to order before the school year begins:
Early Bird Option 1*
5:00 – 7:00 pm
Mary Bryant MPR
Early Bird Option 2*
5:00 – 7:00 pm
Mary Bryant MPR
4:30 – 6:30 pm
Order Online and Pay By:
Be sure to bring your paid receipt to pick up your order!
*Early bird orders will also be available for pickup at Open House
If you elect HOME DELIVERY, order and payment must be received no later than AUGUST 1st for delivery before school begins.
WE RECOMMEND: A one to two week supply of uniforms per student, to include:
(1-2) Embroidered navy blue polos (required, as formal school uniform for all field trips, class photos, and school events).
(4-8) Embroidered polos and/or embroidered T-shirts (navy, white, or grey)
(1-2) Spirit Shirts (to be worn on Friday's only)
Uniforms shirts are to be worn with either light khaki (tan) or navy blue pants or shorts, which may be purchased from local retailers, and cannot bear any logo, design, pattern, etc. Denim shorts, jeans, or sweatpants may be worn with a Spirit Shirt on Friday's only.
Click here for Bryant Elementary’s uniform policy and our recommendation for ordering. Click here for size chart.
5. Why did the PTA change to online ordering?
Convenience. Many parents indicated that they would prefer a better way of ordering uniforms. This process is much more efficient for everyone involved.
6. Is there a shipping charge?
When you complete your order and check out, you will have the option to select home delivery or school delivery. School delivery incurs no shipping charge. If you prefer convenient home delivery, you will be charged a shipping fee. Once you compete your order and check out, enter your zip code in required area and press APPLY. Right below your zip code you will find all shipping options available to you. Use the drop box to choose either FREE SHIPPING (delivery to school) or any other option then click APPLY. Your choice of shipment will be reflected in your total.
7. I want to order online and pay by check instead of using a credit card. Can I do that?
Yes, you can. Make your check payable to Logo ASAP
and mail to 1911 N. US Highway 301, Suite 340, Tampa, FL 33619
. Take note of the deadlines listed above. Your check must be received by the vendor on or before these deadlines
. Credit card payments are secure, so feel free to use this option if it is available to you.
8. What if I want to order in person on the night of Open House like I used to?
Ordering online is very convenient and will reduce your time waiting in lines at Open House. We strongly advise you to place your order online. WE WILL HAVE A LIMITED STOCK OF UNIFORM SHIRTS ON HAND FOR PURCHASE ON THE NIGHT OF OPEN HOUSE.
If you want to be guaranteed to have uniforms for the first day of school, please place your order online by the deadlines noted above.
9. I’m going to order online and pick up at the night of Open House. Will I incur a shipping charge? What should I expect?
There is no shipping charge for orders delivered to the school. If you’ve ordered online, just bring in your paid receipt. Your entire family’s order will be prepackaged for pickup. This way, your attention and time will go to where it matters most—meeting your child’s teacher! If you order online by August 1 but cannot attend Open House, we will send your child’s order home with him/her during the first few days of school.
10. My friend/neighbor has volunteered to pick up my online order for me. Is that okay?
Your order may be picked up by another individual during standard and early bird pickup scheduled times if he/she has a printed copy of your receipt for purchase.
11. What if I need to order additional uniforms throughout the year?
You can! Elect to have the order shipped to your home or sent to the school. Either way, there will be a 2 week processing time. A formal school uniform (NAVY BLUE EMBROIDERED POLO and khaki bottoms) is required for special events, such as award assemblies, fall pictures, field trips and group pictures. It’s always best to plan ahead and be prepared
! Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate rush orders.
12. What if I need to make a return/exchange?
Please be sure to take your child’s measurements and view the sizing charts
before ordering each item. For returning Bryant families, know that all polo brands/sizing are the same. The embroidered tee and spirit tee is a new dry blend 50/50 that should shrink less than the previous tee. Take your child's measurements and check out the sizing chart
to ensure the correct sizing on these tees and all items. A rack with all uniform shirts will be available during the pickups on August 1st, 6th and 15th. If you stop by our August 1st pickup, you can view the sizing and then place your subsequent order for delivery at Open House! Sometimes errors can happen, so we urge you to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
to arrange for a return or exchange.
13. What school supplies do I buy?
Click here to find a generic school supply for each grade level. Your child's teacher will be suppling a more complete list.
14. What is the Family Partnership Program?
The Family Partnership Program is a way to donate to Mary Bryant. 100% of your donation goes directly to our school, compared to only 50% of traditional fundraisers.
Other Benefits include ...
- Only participate in PTA fundraisers and sell to family and friends if you want to
- Your family will be recognized in our school newsletter
- Your family will be recognized in our school yearbook
15. What is Junior Achievement and how can I help?
Junior Achievement (JA) provides lesson plans and materials designed specifically for each grade level that teaches the students about financial literacy, economy, and business entrepreneurship. Each class at Mary Bryant must have at least one volunteer presenting the program.
This is a great opportunity to enter your child's classroom and become "teacher for the day". There are five lesson plans and each lesson actually takes up to or less than 60 minutes. You and your teacher will develop a teaching schedule that is suitable for both of you. On the days of FCAT testing volunteers are not allowed on campus until after noon. However, classes can begin as soon as the teacher can incorporate them into his or her daily routine.
To learn more, please join us for our JA introductory/refresher meeting with Tampa's JA coordinator, Anna Ryan, on Thursday, January 16, 2014 from 8:30am-10:00am in the MPR. Please RSVP via JA@BryantPTA.com.
Because of it's popularity among previous volunteers, the classes fill up quickly. If you are unable to make the meeting, please contact JA@BryantPTA.com and set up an appointment to discuss the program and review the materials provided in the classroom kit. For volunteers that have already signed up, please let Jocelyn know if you can pick up your kit on this day. We will still need to have the bio/conduct form completed.
Back to Top